October 26, 2008

The Reveal

I know a lot of you have been waiting for this moment as anxiously as I have. My construction is done! What was supposed to take 2 1/2 weeks ended up taking 3 months. It was incredibly frustrating and I am still not done battling with the HOA. The windows are "still under review" according to a letter I recently received from them. My construction crew told me Mr. Old Former Engineer Board Member was recently seen looking at my windows with binoculars. Please, I beg of all of you, if my life ever becomes that pathetic, go ahead and pull the plug.

Enough of that, here are some photos; the first is my bedroom with the wall completely enclosed.





My dining area with the new lower ceiling. I was even able to hang a lamp.




Two photos of my new and improved living room. The construction crew did something to my gas fireplace and it is no longer operable. They told me to have it fixed and send them the bill.






This is the first of the two new rooms upstairs. It is a playroom/loft area where we can read, watch Disney movies, play and be rocked to sleep in the new comfy glider.









Did you pick up on the jungle theme?




Finally, the new bedroom for my little girl who I plan to name Janissa.



This is a cool growth chart from my BFF Dana. It matches the room perfectly!













I hope you enjoyed that little tour. My office is a work in progress. Stay tuned for photos of that room when I finally get up enough strength to start putting the new desk together. It arrived in two extremely heavy boxes that I had to have others get up the stairs for me.

6 comments:

Tania said...

Wow, the nursery looks fabulous. You must be so excited to have it done!!!! Now we just need that referral to come!!!!!

You have a beautiful home!

Anonymous said...

Mona,
Wow!! From framed walls to decorated walls and furniture. It looks great. You have excellent taste and I love the name Janissa. Love, Marta

Joy said...

Wow Mona- I just love it. It looks like it came out of a magazine. I just can't believe it is already all decorated perfectly after all that mess. I am sure you are so excited - and I love the name!

Jaunebug said...

Mona - It looks beautiful! I should have you come down and do my baby room!

-Steph

Leah said...

The house looks great, the baby room is perfect, your daughter will be so lucky to come home to your warm welcoming arms!

Ryn tin said...

Okay...I totally love her room!!! I wonder who helped you pick out such cute carpet? (Teehee)
This is totally random but I noticed the small things...is that the door handle on the floor?!? Because I ABSOLUTELY love it! Ahhhh I have always wanted a crystal door handle! But, I haven't found one that would work. Where did you get yours?
And the green rug in the family/living room adds a nice touch of color!
I love and miss you tons!