October 2, 2008

Fire Anyone?

YAY!!! The fire sprinkler pipe that has been in the middle of the new hallway for 2 months is gone! Finally! I have more holes in my kitchen ceiling, but that's okay - because the pipe has now been relocated. The sprinkler work in the garage is finished, too. So as soon as they get Fire Department inspection (Selvin, can you do that yet?) they can finish the additional beam in the garage, get rough inspection, drywall and finish everything up. I'm waiting for a firm date before I schedule carpet installation because I've already had to cancel on them once.

In celebration of construction moving forward I was going to post a photo of my baby's bedding to give you an idea of the color scheme and theme of the room. But being so technically challenged, I couldn't find the photos on my computer, I believe because of a new program that I recently installed. So instead, I'm showing you how my name looks in Amharic, the primary language of Ethiopians. FYI, there are over 120 languages spoken in Ethiopia.


And this is what my (soon-to-be) daughter's name looks like in Amharic. Those of you who don't yet know what her name is, see if you can figure it out.








1 comment:

Tania said...

OK, I couldn't figure out the name! Thanks for filling me in. I LOVE the name you have chosen. Very pretty and not common. And so many cute nicknames to choose from (I'm all about nicknames).

Oh, and on the post above....about the windows....I think they look the same.....but I have NO EYE for those sorts of things....No one ever asks for my opinions on any thing that has to do with design or decorating. They always just get a big fat "I dunno" out of me. heehee