November 4, 2008

Sebastian "Bud" Gallaro (Jan. 12, 1935 to Oct. 28, 2008)

I lost my Uncle Buddy last week. He had fought off cancer for 14 years. In the end, it was a blood clot that took his life. It was bittersweet - saying goodbye to him, but at the same time being around my extended family, some of whom I hadn't seen in awhile. The saddest part is that his younger daughter Cheryl, son-in-law Mark, and grandson Makana arrived a few hours after he passed away. He never got to meet his only grandson. My heart aches for his immediate family who were shocked at the suddenness of his death; and for my Mom, my Aunt and my Uncle who lost their brother. May his soul rest in peace. We miss you already.

On the adoption front, I'm still 'w a i t i n g' for my referral. It seems like forever.

1 comment:

Tania said...

I'm so sorry for you loss Mona. You and your family will be in my prayers.

Hurry up with that referral Radu.....GEESH!!!!!!