September 27, 2008

Conversation With Agency

I received an e-mail from Radu at my Agency yesterday and my heart just about stopped. Radu was just e-mailing me with the Fed Ex Charges, but the conversation went like this:

Me: My heart skipped a beat when I saw your e-mail because I thought maybe I had a referral. Hopefully soon. Have a nice weekend.

Radu: no sooner than 3-4 months.

Me: I know, but I turn 50 in 2 months and I'm afraid that is going to scare them. I've been praying for a miracle, and miracles do happen! I'm going to keep praying.

Radu: let's keep praying.

The poor guy probably gets several e-mails a day from PAP (Potential Adoptive Parents) just like me. He has to tell us that the wait time is 3 to 4 months because it could take that long and he doesn't want to get our hopes up. But the truth is, the longest anyone has had to wait (that I am aware of) is 6 weeks. So, I keep praying.

No news to tell you about my construction. Is is exactly where it was the last time I posted. I sent an e-mail to the President of the management company, and even she hasn't responded. They cannot figure out who monitors the fire alarm. And they are the ones that set that up. Amazing . . . I have been reading blogs of others adopting from Ethiopia and they have really exciting things on theirs like photos of the baby's rooms and cute little outfits, etc. So this shall serve as your warning - next post is going to have photos - and you know I can't show her room yet!

2 comments:

Ryn tin said...

Okay...I was sooo excited when I read that!
So I'm going to keep up the prayers and I love you very much!!!

Anonymous said...

mona you have the biggest kindest loving heart of anyone i have ever been blessed to have met. i hope a baby comes to you soon, i pray for you nightly and know that she is out there for you....