January 17, 2009

Update

Two families have received referrals ahead of me. That finally gave me the nerve to call Radu personally and ask him what was going on. His previous response of "some families are luckier than others" wasn't doing it for me. Between my sobs I managed to spit out, "you said 3 to 4 months, and it has been over 4 months" (but whose counting, right?). It turns out, because the courts were closed all of August and September, that my wait time didn't start until the courts reopened in October! That's right! I'm definitely not one of those "lucky" ones. That means it could be an entire month before I hear anything. No, I'm not happy. I have now waited the longest amount of time for a referral from Ethiopia than any other family at my Agency. Not an accomplishment I want to boast about. So he tells me to 'keep praying' that it will be (let's all say it together) S-O-O-N!!!!!!! Radu had previously told me that based on the amount of time my dossier has been registered in Ethiopia, that I should be next. That is why I called him when a second family received word. Soon. Soon. Soon. Soon. Soon!

On a positive note . . . I am looking forward to next weekend when Tania and Sabah will be here for a visit from Portland. Sabah is going to test everything out for Janissa: the crib, stroller, car seat, high chair, baby proofing of my house. So if Sabah is happy, I'm good to go! I can't wait to meet them in person. I've taken off 2 days from work so we can go out and play! Whoo Hoo!!!

By the way, despite my sadness of having to wait, I am sincerely happy for the families at my agency that have received their referrals, as well as the families who have court dates and will be traveling soon. Amber - you'll pass this time! I just know it!