January 31, 2009

Oh Happy Day!


I was checking email and stalking blogs this morning when my cell phone rings. I looked at the incoming call and saw a 503 area code. My first thought is, "Oh, Tania is calling me" because it is a Portland area code. I answered and it was Radu on the other end. He tells me he's been thinking about the travel package I am putting together for him and that he just sent me some information he wants me to include in it. I go to my computer and press the "send/receive" button. Sure enough, an Adoption Avenues email pops into my Inbox. He tells me to open it, which I do. All it says is "Hello. How are you?" But then I notice there are 3 attachments and immediately tears well up in my eyes. Is this my referral? Radu, is this my referral? YES!!!! I'VE RECEIVED MY REFERRAL!!!

So I call Lucia, who I promised would be the first to know. I'm reading all the social and medical information to her: 8 month old girl, father passed away, mother has no means to care for her, she's healthy, from an area southwest of Addis. Now I'm ready to see her face. I forward the photos to Lucia because she wants to see her the same time I do. Okay, ready, 1, 2, 3 DOUBLE CLICK.

WAIT! Mine isn't opening, don't look at her before me! It didn't work for her either. I called Radu and told him I couldn't open the photos. He has me download some viewing program and told me to try opening them again. To make a long story short, when I saved the photos as Word Documents, the medical/social information opens up. So they weren't even photos to begin with.

I now have 3 copies of the paperwork, and no photos. I plan to accept her regardless, but I really want to see her face and look into her eyes, the windows to her soul.

That is all I can tell you right now. I cannot post photos until she is legally mine. Wow, legally mine - my Janissa.

9 comments:

Tania said...

Sabah and I are sooooo over the top excited for you Mona. I hope the next several months fly by and that you will soon be hugging your sweet sweet Janissa. She is adorable and I can't wait to see her. She was at the orphanage the same time as Sabah....they could have been friends.....I know they will be friends when she is home.

Amber said...

Whoo hoo! Radu is so sneaky about it all huh? So you are naming her Janissa? That is very pretty!

The Lowery Clan said...

Congrats sister!

waitingarms said...

Wow! What a way to end the month of January! I've been praying for your referral the last couple months and you were on my mind today. What a wonderful surprise to read today's update!

Blessings and prayers for a quick court and travel dates!

Lisa said...

Yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!
Congratulations Mona!!!!

Anonymous said...

Lisa stole my line...Mona, WOW!!!!!!!!!!!All in God's time. Can't wait to meet and see Janissa. Keep posting updates for all of us.
Love, Marta

Joy said...

Mona I really am just so happy for you. It is just so amazing to see your daughter for the first time - isn't it?! I am celebrating over here in AZ - hopefully we can meet up soon - I know Leah had mentioned it before. Take care and congratulations!!!

Emily said...

Congratulations!

Kellyann said...

I am sorry your wait has been so long but I am POSITIVE that the wait was worth it once you laid your eyes on your beautiful little baby girl. I can't wait until you can post pictures and even better I can't wait to follow your journey.