December 31, 2008

SOON!!!

SOON, according to Merriam-Webster’s Collegiate Dictionary, is defined as immediately; at once; without undue time lapse; before long (after sunrise); in a prompt manner; speedily; before the usual time.

For the past SEVERAL MONTHS I have been told that my referral will be here “SOON”. Someone forgot to alert Webster that the definition of this word has changed to ‘sometime in the next millennium’ or ‘when ever someone gets around to it’.


By the way, the word right above ‘Soon’ is ‘Sonsy’ which means luck; happiness. How ironic is that?


The week of January 12 is my 4-month mark. I have been told numerous times that I would have my referral by then. Okay, I’ve waited this long; I can handle two more weeks. God has a plan and if two more week’s means getting the baby God intended for me, then two more weeks it is. When I first joined the Yahoo Group everyone told me to get ready because they had all received their referrals in a matter of days, and at the most, within four weeks. That is the reason for my worry, frustration, anxiety, etc. Many doubts and crazy thoughts have been going through my head such as they think I'm too old or they are limiting the number of single people who can adopt. Thank you to my board buddies for keeping me grounded.


I had a great Christmas with my family. Here are a few photos:


My two youngest nephews

My 5 beautiful nieces

My 12 nephews who hate to pose

My Dad made these shelves for my
siblings and me

All 33 of us in the same room!

As I wait and pray, I know that 2009 will be an incredible year for me, one that I will always look back on with fond memories. I wish all of you and yours a

HAPPY AND HEALTHY NEW YEAR!