January 27, 2009

The Adventures of Sabah

Tania and Sabah came to visit for a long weekend. Tania recently traveled around the world to pick up her beautiful daughter, Sabah, in Ethiopia. I was able to experience how wonderful it is to hear the sounds of a baby in my home. I also got to hear the sounds of an angry baby crying in my home and guess what? I haven't changed my mind. No one was injured in my home over the four day stay, so I think it might be safe to bring home a child of my own. Here are a bunch of photos of Sabah's first visit to California.

We met up with new friends and had lunch at Rain Forest Cafe.

Lisa, Zaela, Sabah & Tania


Zaela trying out a chair at Pottery Barn Kids


New BFF's Sabah & Zaela
(Sabah warmed up my stroller, car seat and high chair for Janissa. She gave me a thumbs up!)


Sabella!


Sabah ready to dive into the fountain


Saturday we picked up my nieces Sarah & Leah, met up with friends of Tania's, and had lunch in Little Ethiopia. The food was awesome!


Sarah & Leah


We got ice cream and strolled on Venice Beach


Sabah's first time on a swing


Leah posing for Auntie Mona


We stopped at Tom's Farm on our way to the Lake Elsinore Outlet Mall


Sabah driving the tractor


Sabah playing with Anna & Rose


Monday we went to the petting zoo in San Juan Capistrano. Sabah tried to eat the goat food, and the goats tried to eat Sabah.


Showing off her new sunglasses!


Mama, why isn't the pony moving?

Tania, thank you for sharing Sabah with me. The weekend was a blast and I can't wait for Janissa to meet both of you when she is finally home.

5 comments:

Lisa said...

It looks like you guys had a great time!!!! Sabah is just a doll!! Great pics (except the one of me!) LOL! What kind of camera do you have??? It sure was nice meeting you all,,hope to hear good news VERY soon!

Anonymous said...

That food does not look "awesome" lol. I anxiously await more good news about Janissa! Bri

Julie said...

Did you go to Messob? We are going to take our kids their next weekend for lunch. We must not live that far apart. We are regulars at Tom's Farm. When we bring our daughter home from Ethiopia we will have to get together.

Hopefully neither one of us will wait to much longer. We have been waiting about a month less than you for a referral.

Looks like you had lots of fun!

Julie

Amber said...

What great photos! Looks like fun!
Man Mona, no word yet? Dang...I keep checking your blog to look for your referral!

The Lowery Clan said...

What a fun week!