November 19, 2008

It's My Party and I'll Cry if I Want To!

Well what do you know? When I woke today I had turned 50. I had hoped that I would at least have my referral before this monumental birthday, but it wasn't to be. To make matters a little worse, Ethiopia has recently decided to "limit" the number of adoptions to single women. One woman using another agency e-mailed me to say that her wait time is now 3 to 4 years! A friend told me she knows a single woman who had received a referral and it was actually taken away from her! I was devastated at this news. My agency (dear Radu) tells me "this is just rumors;" but I fear he may have been given false information. I'm panicking, even though he has told me that "everything is just as it was". I checked other agencies websites and they have removed single women requirements and only show couples married at least 2 years. I must place my trust in the Lord. If Radu is correct, I will have my referral around Christmastime and travel before March of 2009. Please pray.

On a positive note, many of my new friends at the agency have passed court and will be traveling over the next 2 weeks to pick up their bundles of joy. Congratulations to Tania, Leah, Joy, Jeanne, Alicia, Lisa and all the others! My prayers are with you for a safe and happy trip.

Happy Birthday to my friend, Shelley, who shares this day with me! Thank you to all my family and friends for the cards, phone calls and e-mails. You've all been great during the past nine months and I appreciate your love, support and encouragement.

No comments: