September 16, 2008

Waiting for a Referral

My agency tells me my dossier will be in Ethiopia in the next day or two. I've joined several on-line Yahoo Groups for potential adoptive parents of children in Ethiopia, one specific to my Agency. The families (who have received referrals already) tell me to prepare myself. One couple received a referral for infant twins 3 hours after their dossier arrived!!! One woman received hers the day after it landed in Ethiopia. The longest anyone currently waiting to travel from my Agency had to wait was a month. They are currently waiting for court dates. The courts have been closed for 2 months because of the Ethiopian New Year festivities currently taking place. They will re-open the first of October.

Now if I can just get my construction finished. I have signed a Covenant required by the Association. It holds me liable for damage directly resulting from my improvements as long as I'm the owner. The document is to be recorded and runs with ownership. The Board, the management company and their attorney are terrible communicators. I can't get anything out of them, nor can my contractor or attorney. I've signed the document and we've complied with all the other items requested in their letter. All we want to know is can we finish the construction. A simple yes or no would be awesome - but all we get is silence. I suppose I should enjoy the "quiet" while I have it, right?

No comments: