December 20, 2008

ADVENT

I haven't posted in a while because I have been feeling discouraged. I guess I'm tired of the same answer I always have to give to those who ask: "I'm still waiting for my referral." Who in their sane mind likes to wait for anything? I don't like waiting in lines, waiting in traffic, waiting for people who don't respect other people's time. It's my pet peeve. But in this little bubble we refer to as Southern California, where instant gratification is always within our reach, I stopped a moment to meditate on this time of the year. It's Advent, and at this time of the year aren't we all doing the same thing? Waiting for the birth of our Savior? How cool is it that I am actually waiting for the announcement of my own daughter at the same time? So this Advent is extremely special to me. Maybe this Christmas Day will bring an extra special joy to my heart - Jesus AND Janissa. To have my referral come now would forever make this season, my favorite time of the year, that much more blessed. Jesus' timing is miraculous and this Christmas I'm expecting my own miracle. So I ask all of my blog followers to pray with me this Advent season for this additional miracle.

Thank you to my friend Tania, who just brought home Sabah, for being so encouraging. Isn't Sabah adorable?



And thank you to my other new friend, Leah, who has even called me to talk personally and has gone out of her way to bring me peace. Leah just brought home Aslynn, another cutie!


Congratulations to Stephanie and Joseph who welcomed Clair into the world this Advent season.


(Sorry, Clair, this is the only picture I have of you)

Thank you also to all of my family, friends, co-workers, fellow church-goers and bloggers who help to keep my hopes up during the "waiting" period. I love you all.

Finally, thanks to my incredibly awesome confirmation students for their dedication, love and support. You all bring me hope for our future!


So here I sit in my PJ's on a Saturday morning at nearly 11:00 a.m. drinking coffee and sampling the brownies that just came out of the oven and thanking God for all of my blessings and for all of you!

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

4 comments:

Tania said...

What a beautiful post (and I'm not just talking about my daughter's picture...haahaa). You are so right....what a special time to be waiting for Janissa's referral. I just know it will come soon. And AA hasn't had any restrictions put on them for singles, so I have confidence that all will work out for you. How we will all be celebrating when you get "the call" (or in aa cases "the e-mail". :)

Julie said...

I'm totally with you on how hard it is to wait. I'll be praying you'r referral comes soon. I get tired of answering the questions also. Sometimes I just want to wear a t-shirt that says "No, we did not receive our referral yet".

Blessings,
Julie

Ryn tin said...

Ooh Mona. Your baby is in my prayers and so are you! I so wish that she could join our family soon!
"Our soul waits for the Lord/ he is our help and shield./ Yea, our heart is glad in Him/ because we trust in His holy name./ Let thy steadfast love, O Lord, be/ upon us,/ even as we hope in thee." Psalms 33: 20-22.
Christmas is almost here, I know that the Lord will bless you deeply in this new year.
Waiting with you~ XOXO, Kathryn

Joy said...

Hi Mona, I just wanted to let you know that I think of you often. I know the wait is painful. I kept wanting answers, but hated to bug Radu too much. I pray your referral comes soon and she passes through court quickly. Take care and I can't wait to celebrate your referral soon!