October 20, 2009

Trip to Phoenix

Janissa and I had a great time visiting my brother in Phoenix. We also had the opportunity to meet Tracy and Sean Lowery and their new twins, Owen and Poppy in Tucson. On Sunday, Joe drove us to Oak Creek Canyon, Sedona and Jerome. We had visited Jerome when we were kids, so it was fun to go back and take pictures in the same places. We also got to spend time with the Diaz family. They adopted Josiah and Jeremiah from the same orphanage as Janissa. There was a connection between them and Janissa, so I think they must remember something. I also got to introduce Janissa to some people I used to work with. Overall it was a great and relaxing week. Janissa and her Uncle Joe love each other so much and thoroughly enjoyed their week together.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

She almost escaped! Good thing there's a threshold on your parents' front door.

Donna said...

Thanks for sharing. She gets more beautiful with every posting. It's wonderful to see her walking, it brought tears to my eyes. This made my day.

Cory, Lisa, and Weredesh said...

I loved the walking video with Uncle Joe....brought tears to my eyes. All of this is still so fresh in my mind with Weredesh. She's getting so big and walking so well! Can't wait to see you next month!

~ lisa

Anonymous said...

She's walking!!! Watch out, you're really in trouble now!! When are you going to have time for us??

Joy said...

The kids loved watching this. The boys keep pointing at Janissa in the pictures. She is walking so well now! I didn't realize that you had posted since it didn't show up on my blog roll -since it is private. Maybe we will get a chance to head your way this year.

The Lowery Clan said...

We loved meeting you and Janissa! Give her a smooch for us! :)