August 16, 2009

Special Gifts

Janissa has received so many gifts - all of them special. I am overwhelmed with the outpouring of love and support she and I have received from so many wonderful family members and friends. There are, however, a couple of gifts that I wanted to share with you; and those are the hand-made items. I am not the least bit talented when it comes to sewing, knitting, crocheting, etc., so I am always in awe of those who can make such beautiful things with their hands.

The first item is a little yellow sweater made by my good friend Marcia. I can't wait until it fits Janissa!


My cousin Frances wove this darling blanket and also made the mama and baby hedge hogs. So cute!


My sister-in-law Kathy, who lives in the Seattle area and traveled with me to Ethiopia, told a woman at her church my story. The woman's name is Elaine and she crocheted this beautiful blanket that Kathy surprised Janissa and I with the first day we were together.


Finally, a friend told a friend about my adoption journey and this wonderful lady has been following along via my blog. At Janissa's welcome home party, my friend gave me this incredible scrapbook as a gift from her friend - the most amazing scrapbook I have ever seen! She (Marja - www.ppftreasures.com) even downloaded comments and photos off my blog and put them in the book. Janissa and I will add special photos and treasure this book forever.




Thank you to everyone who has welcomed my little Janissa home with open arms and loving hearts!

1 comment:

Amber said...

I love all the gifts. The last one is so unique too!
So sweet and great to have good friends.