August 2, 2009

Beautiful Ethiopia

I love Ethiopia; it is a beautiful country. But it isn't the scenery, weather or food that I love so much (although I did love the coffee, which they call buna) - it is the Ethiopian people. They are what make the country so beautiful, so rich in culture and tradition. It is the people that will bring me back there some day. Every person I encountered was kind and compassionate. We were treated as one of their own. It is a country where Jews, Muslims and Christians live together in peace. It is a country filled with respect for its past, present and future. I will never forget that they gave me my daughter and look forward to the time when I can bring Janissa back to visit her homeland.

2 comments:

Emily said...

I love your slideshows Mona!

Rebecca and Andrew said...

Beautiful! I wish our camera's hadn't been so disfunctional when we were there!!!!
I was thrilled to see a pic of Aminet (holding Janissa on the couch)! She is such a lovely young lady! Did you get any pictures of Wendi (the cook and Wendi the driver) and Muli (also one of the chef's at the guesthouse)?
Kitama was our driver once when Wendi had to be away.
Your video's bring back so many wonderful memories. We can't wait to go back and show Ruby and Roman their birth country!!