July 21, 2009

The Guest House

Our first two nights in Ethiopia were spent at the new guest house, the third night in Lalibela and the remainder of our stay at the Villa where Mr. Ferez, the owner of the orphanage, lives. The accommodations were excellent, the food was great and the people were unforgettable. I loved Aster who took care of all our whims from site-seeing to our meals. She was there whenever we needed her. Our driver, Kitama, is someone who will remain in my heart forever. He recently married a young woman named Tigist and I wish them the best. The young girls who worked at the guest houses were awsome. They loved taking care of Janissa while I ate. Everyone who we came in contact with were friendly, loving, happy and helpful. I miss them very much because they were the ones who made the trip to Ethiopia so memorable.

Below is video montage of our stay at the guest houses. You will see my sister-in-law Kathy, Meg DeZutti and her adorable little boy, Sam, as well as my Janissa and me.

5 comments:

Joy said...

Wow that brought back sweet memories! I love the picture of Janissa with her hands on her cheeks and the ones of you kissing her.

Kat said...

Mona, I hope I'm blessed to meet you someday! The video was beautiful and made me long to go! I love the pictures with you two together...beautiful! Thank you so much for sharing and also showing us what the guest house is like :)

Colleen and JF Bertrand said...

You have made me miss ET SO much! What a lovely slide show! The babies are gorgeous- you guys must be very proud mamas!

Amber said...

Just checking in....

Guesthouse-Looks like a beautiful place. I LOVE the last photo in the video of you two together. PRICELESS!
Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

http://soundcloud.com/user617591907/premium-rush-movie-2012 - download the Premium Rush movie, illegal Premium Rush film download, Premium Rush movie download good quality 76546722,