April 9, 2009

The Latest News


Janissa is 11 months old. She is 26.8 inches tall and weighs 15.4 pounds. She looks great, although I've only seen her smile once. She is very skeptical of strangers, especially those with cameras that flash. She can sit without support, babbles and reaches for familiar people. She also cut her two bottom teeth (darn, I missed it!). She is a thumb-sucker. It doesn't look like she favors one over the other. In the video I received (thank you, Michael), she goes from the right thumb to the left in a matter of seconds.

I am anxiously awaiting my May 19 court date (35 days away for those who are counting down with me). I still expect to travel mid-June.

We celebrated Easter at my parents house yesterday. I made my first Ethiopian dish called Fosoleay. It is green beans and carrots with lots of spices. I think it went over pretty well.

Here are a few photos, starting with Mom's Traditional Easter Cookies:





The "guys" sitting in the newly landscaped, not quite complete patio area:



Finally, the cousins enjoying each others company:









6 comments:

Emily said...

How great to see videos, and pictures and get updates on your little girl. Can't wait for you to pass court!

Kellyann said...

That last picture had me cracking up!
So only 35 more days huh? I know it feels like it is dragging and you wish it was tomorrow. Hang in there.

Special Delivery said...

35 days! You'll be holding Janissa before you know it!

Lisa said...

Thanks for the update,,,and great pics! I can't wait,, your court date is coming up soon!!! YaY!!!! My hat is off to you for preparing your first Ethiopian dish!!! See you Saturday!

Colleen and JF Bertrand said...

Those cookies look delish!! It wont be long now before you are holding Janissa!

Tania said...

How'd I miss this post? Hmmmm, I'm slackin on my blog stalking.

Great to see pics of the people I met while visiting you.

Those cookies do look yummy!