March 2, 2009

It's Getting Closer!

My Court Date is May 19th! If I pass (and I can see no reason why I wouldn’t) Janissa will be legally mine. Travel will be approximately 4 weeks after that, once my Embassy Date is established. My sister-in-law has investigated every possible flight we can take using our air miles (First Class, Of Course!). She’s managed to find a route of only 22 to 23 hours, with only one layover on the way home. Kathy, what would I do with you?

Several families with my agency have the same court date, so I will get to meet a lot of them while I am in Addis. It will be so much fun to see the faces of the people I have communicated with over the past several months, and share in the excitement of holding our children for the very first time. Leah, do you have a date yet?????

Three families have recently traveled to pick up their children and have been kind enough to take pictures of Janissa for me. I now possess NINE pictures of her. As soon as I pass court, I will be able to post them here so you can see how beautiful she is. Thank you Melissa, Quinn and Amber!

Janissa currently has the chicken pox, poor baby. She didn’t have too many (I saw 5 on her face), but she looked tired, her eyes were glassy and her lips were parched. I wish I were taking care of her right now. I know she is in good hands. Chicken Pox has been going through the orphanage since December and the nannies are doing a great job of nursing the kids back to health.

So the count down begins – 79 Days!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mona, I am soooooo very happy for both of you. Our family continues to pray for you both. Thank you for giving us this wonderful opportunity to use this to teach our children the beautiful lessons of love, hope and compassion. xoxoxo PS- Mary Kate can't wait for a play date! :-)

Ryn tin said...

Awesome!!!
Mona what a trouper you are!
You have always been an inspiration to me with your patience and loving care!

Thank you so much for helping us with our beautiful puppy!!!

I love you,
Ryn tin

rachel said...

mona,
i am so happy for you! it is so fun to follow your journey.
rachel
adoption avenues